Get job without coding knowledge
Job change? Several IT professions where no programming is required
If you have just started considering a job change, you find yourself in the IT industry, but you do not really want to be a programmer, we will check what professions can change your life. Generally, working in this sector is associated with good earnings, but also with complicated coding, and this is a stopping point for your attempts in this direction.
Meanwhile, there are many professions in this industry that have nothing to do with programming, and sometimes even with the computer. So what profession can we choose not to program, but still exist in the IT industry? We are about to take a look at new professions that will change your life, allow for quick professional development from anywhere in the world. The most popular at the moment is a business analyst, because he accounts for as much as 28% of job advertisements among non-programming professions, and the next lucrative profession turned out to be a technical support worker, i.e. a helpdesk with a survey result of 25%, followed by a project manager with 22, 5 percent.
Then there are testers, network administrators and service managers. Most of these professions are completely devoid of programming features, and dedicated to all for whom the IT industry is a true calling, but coding is unlikely. Other professions, which I will not mention here, will require knowledge of at least basic programming knowledge, while others require knowledge of the construction and operation of computers or knowledge of technology. Depending on your needs, skills and career path, you will probably find something suitable for you. There are also WordPress specialists, graphic designers, HR specialists, writers and many others in IT.
In this short article, it is impossible to list all the professions, because both software companies and available technologies are still developing intensively, which means that new departments are also created, not necessarily based on the production of the product. First of all, it is about HR, accounting and marketing departments.
Now let’s check what features and skills will be useful for a specific profession
- WordPress specialist – to create websites well, you do not need to know several programming languages, because thanks to the CMS system and software that allows you to create pages using the “drag and drop” method, anyone interested can try to create a professional website. WordPress is a popular system for creating websites, online stores, business cards or even complex websites. When creating websites with it, you do not need to know how to code, because CMS WordPress primarily uses ready-made plugins and themes. In order to create a good website, all you need is knowledge of search engines and an artistic sense. WordPress also allows you to choose a career path, because apart from corporate, you can run a sole proprietorship. If necessary, to expand your skills and add unusual features to your projects, you will have to reach for and explore HTML, which is a simple markup language, and over time, probably reach for CSS, i.e. Cascading Style Sheets. People most creative in creating websites using WordPress technology also eagerly use PHP.
- Manual and Automatic Tester – as the name suggests, this is a person who tests products, codes and applications more or less related to programming. The manual tester does it manually, and its task is to create test cases and then check whether the product meets all assumptions. Next, it performs a detailed report on the activities carried out, runs tests with the first versions of the software to be able to catch any errors. The automatic tester works in a similar way, but with the difference that this tester creates the software and automatically performs all tests. Therefore, the automatic tester, although he is not required to specialize in programming, should know some programming language that will allow writing tests, e.g. Python. Differences between testers often and quite quickly blur, and the transition from one option to the other is a completely natural part of tester development. It is also worth mentioning that there is one more tester who deals with testing computer games, who not only checks the usability of the game, but also tries to “crash” it by playing it, or break it. The tester is an excellent profession for insightful people who check various solutions, who do not miss a report and thoroughly analyse the documentation to find any errors and shortcomings in it.
- IT Project Manager and Product Manager – the first of them must have knowledge in several areas, both technological and social. The main task, however, is to manage projects and the people involved in the project. As it is usually many small tasks, he needs different competences. People for whom leadership is something natural and having knowledge in the field of technology will provide the ability to manage entrusted projects. His main responsibilities will be personnel management, project management, implementation of an action plan, documentation control and budget completion. This is an important function in the company, therefore the salary in this position is adequate to the responsibility that rests on him, and additionally, it must be borne in mind that this person must be fluent in English. Product manager, unlike the former, will only deal with a single product, so he must have a sense of the market and creativity. Both jobs are generally reserved for large companies and corporations.
- Helpdesk Specialist – this is none other than a person dealing with all kinds of technical and technological problems. He does not need to know programming languages, but must be fluent in computer operation, now popular software and technical documentation must not keep secrets from him. Depending on the specifics of the work, a specialist can help external clients and support employees of his own company. The most important features desired by this specialist are the willingness to gain and deepen knowledge and to help others, and inquisitiveness in solving problems is also appreciated. In most cases, clients have very similar technical problems, but sometimes there are also those that require the employee to think outside the box and be creative.
- UX / UL Designer – although these are completely separate professions, companies are looking for people who have a sense of taste, aesthetics, and do computer graphics, but at the same time are customer-oriented and have the basics of psychology. So what do these abbreviations stand for and what do they mean? The abbreviation UX from user experience and free translation means “user experience” and the main task of a UX designer is to understand the needs of the client and users and to create an application for them so that their use is convenient and intuitive. It is UX designer who decides about the smooth transition between the elements of a given application, determines the most convenient position for the menu and checks if all buttons work properly. UI stands for user interface. The role of a UI designer is to visualize everything that a UX designer has come up with, i.e. to put it simply, he designs the interface, selects colours, fonts, shapes and gives the final aesthetic shape. If you want to appear in these professions, you don’t need to know anything about programming, but the sense of aesthetics, taste and knowledge of design will be your undeniable advantages.
- Writer, UX Writer, Technical Copywriter – generally all three are masters of the written word, and even they can look for a job in the IT industry and will be responsible for various tasks. UX writer creates intuitive texts in applications and decides whether a given button will be called “ready”, “accept” or otherwise, he is also responsible for close cooperation with UX and UI specialists so that each word is in the right place. The technical copywriter will take care of all documentation and instructions, so he must be familiar with technical terminology and use it correctly. Contrary to an ordinary copywriter, a technical copywriter does not use marketing techniques, he does not need to know the language of benefits, but his texts must be simple, clear, specific and carry comprehensive, clear information. A writer is a profession that is probably not associated with the IT industry at all, but when we look at it in terms of computer games, it looks completely different. Undoubtedly, someone needs to create a storyline for the best games, come up with dialogues for characters, create a storyline and of course a plausible script.
From what you read above, it is clear that in general, everyone is suitable for work in the IT sector, even if they have no idea about coding or current technologies. Regardless of whether you want to learn programming, or you cannot find something profitable for yourself, working in IT guarantees employment stability in developing companies. Assuming that you work in a company with several departments, and you can observe the work of others, it also gives you the opportunity to expand your own competences. So why wait when the IT industry offers such great opportunities, reach for one of the above professions that will give you incredible satisfaction.
How to become a developer of computer games
If you like computer science, computer games and you are creative and you are looking for your own professional path, and you do not know exactly what you want to do and where to work, I will suggest that you become a game developer. This profession will give you a...
A few rules on how to be a professional in the programming profession
Do you want to learn how to become the perfect programmer and deserve full respect, both from colleagues and clients? Below are some valuable tips... Take responsibility for the code you have created — check it carefully before completing and returning the project....
Salesforce as a sales power
Salesforce is a platform that is still a market niche in Poland, although it is gaining huge popularity among foreign companies. It is also a leader among CRM solutions, and the company itself was founded in 1999 and already employs thousands of employees, the income...